Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Leavin' on a Midday Plane to Georgia

Well, it's finally that time. I've had this trip planned for almost a year, and it still hasn't completely hit me yet... although, that could just be because it's been sitting with me for so long.

I took my sort-of-last final this afternoon (24 minutes.. put that one down in Guinness), and zoomed home to Cherry Hill to go to my high school's winter concert and spend some time with the fam-fam and friends. I still haven't finished packing, but I figure I have 32 hours to sleep on the plane tomorrow, so might as well pull an(other) all-nighter just to make sure everything is good 'n' ready for my trip. The 'rents and I leave the house at 7:45 AM, drive through Philly traffic, and hopefully hit the airport by 9:00. I have a 12:20 flight to Atlanta, GA, where I will fondly reminisce about Rak Shalom's last spring break tour (maybe once I get to Africa I'll have a chance to try those African flavors of Coke that we sampled at the Coke Museum). From Atlanta, I make my longest journey to Johannesburg, South Africa (I brought Flight of the Conchords season 1- thanks, Debra!- and Harry Potter 7 to pass the time), and then fly from Johannesburg to Cape Town, where, hopefully, someone will pick me up and bring me to a bed. ...In the least creepiest way possible.

Not taking into account that I will probably get lost at one of these three airports, there is one huge problem about this whole trip: The title of this blog totally bites. That's why I'm calling upon all of YOU to help me think of a baller name for my blog! Recent suggestions include:

"Roardyn"
"JordyNIN" (thanks, rak shalom)
"The Snows of Kilimanjordyn"
"Everyone Eats Eggs" (rak shalom, once again)
and "(Tongue-click)dyn"

These are all... um... great suggestions, but let's keep 'em rolling just for the hell of it. If you have some ideas, leave them as comments here on my blog, or email them to me at jordynrsmith@gmail.com.

Okay! Well, I guess my next update will come from Africa... wow. I love you all, and I will miss (some of) you very much. Happy Chanukah, and buy the Rak Shalom CD! .....(What? Who said that?).....

With undying love for pink hair, new luggage, and the Cherry Hill East Winter Concert,

I remain,

Jordyn

1 comment: