After a pretty chill day of sleeping, shopping, and sun bathing, I'm going to kick it up a notch tomorrow when I hit the South African waters for some SHARK DIVING! I'm heading down to a more southern part of the coast with two of my brave roommates to swim with some of the carnivores of the sea in the early morning- 5:20 AM to be exact. I wish I'd had time to buy an underwater camera for the adventure... I'm sure I'll want to document it. Maybe I can just put my regular camera into a plastic bag? (Stop cringing, dad, I'll double bag it). ...(Just kidding).
I think I'm getting better at learning all of the other kids' names, finally! Compared to all of their German and Dutch names, my American name seems pretty boring. Thankfully, there are some easier names like Jacob and Phillip that make the process of getting to know everyone a little bit easier. I'm the only person around that doesn't know German, but the Germans don't know Dutch, which makes me feel a little bit better. I think I've been impressing some people with my minimal knowledge of Yiddish, though, since it has some similarities with German. Oy gevalt.
The house I'm living in seems to be party center, so all of the students from the other exchange houses come over to hang out all the time... which is great since I'm meeting so many new people! There seems to be mainly boys here, but, ehh... I guess I can manage..... Tonight I went with some of my roommates over to another student house for dinner. I tried a German dish that sounded something like Knudl, and so I explained about the Jewish dish, Kneidl... and, ummm.. well, that was it. Actually, the two dishes were somewhat similar. Delicious!
Okay, well.. it's getting quite late, and I have to be up early to learn how to be shark bait. I'll let you know how it went when I get tomorrow evening... hopefully in one piece.
Wish me luck,
Jordyn
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
poop
ReplyDelete