Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Best of Both Worlds

That's right, everyone! The one and only HANNAH MONTANA is in Cape Town for four days... but no one here will go to the concert with me. Sad panda. Hmm, if Ilana Rubin were here, she would go with me!

I was supposed to go skydiving today, but the weather wasn't too great this morning- overcast and windy- so a few friends and I went to a theme park called Ratanga Junction for the afternoon. After an hour or so, the skies cleared up, and we were a little upset that we could have been skydiving instead... but we still had a good time! We're thinking about rescheduling skydiving for next Sunday, but we already had some other stuff planned, so we'll see how it goes.

Ratanga Junction was unlike any other theme park I have ever been to in that, well, I've just never seen a family oriented theme park sell sex as hard as this one. The only music that would play over the speakers was hardcore clubbing music, and some of the entertainment in the food court was, umm, surprising. We were walking through the court on the way to a roller coaster, and there was a dance show going on. Next thing we know, the emcee starts calling for "all the sexy girls" to dance along with the dancers onstage, and all the little 10 year old girls start to whoop and holler as the dancers (in what looked like shiny bathing suits) pranced out onstage and started dancing to David Guetta's "Sexy Bitch." My friends and I just stood there in complete disbelief, and one of the boys even said, "If anyone in the US or Germany tried something like this, [pantomimes handcuffs]." You bet.

I think a bunch of us are planning to go out to dinner tonight at a club, and then stay there for dancing and drinks, but we'll see how the night goes. I'm just trying to meet as many people as I can, and make as many friends as possible while I'm here... and I think I'm doing a pretty decent job! We had a chill party at my house last night, and a lot of people from my exchange programcame over. Man, everyone is just so awesome. We had a really baller time, and after the party, some of my roommates watched videos of their drunken escapades in Dublin from three weeks ago. There was poop involved. I don't think I have to explain any further.

Well, that was basically my weekend. What did YOU do?? Let's share.

Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment